Dear Cheer Parents,
Thank you so much for hanging in there and for your support as we get the cheerleading program off the ground for this fall season! I’m excited to say that we have 30 girls and the possibility for more with a September 15 deadline for registration. Tuesday we separated the girls into two groups and going forward we will run practice that way. One group - age 8 and under, the other group, ages 9-14. If you know any other girls that are interested in cheering or you or someone would like to help coach, please send them our way!
1. Practice is every Tuesday and Thursday 6-7 pm at Mt. Harmony Elementary School. ******NOTE****** Janice, the coach for the 9-14 year olds, would like to have a practice from 6-8 on Tuesday September 7. And plan for the Thursday September 9 practice to run a little longer than 7pm as we will have some Northern High School cheerleaders volunteering to help the older age group.
2. Games start September 11. SMYAC is working on finalizing the schedule and should be out ASAP. Plan for the girls to be cheering that Saturday. As soon as we know game times and future game dates we will let you know.
3. If you missed practice & uniform distribution on September 2, we will get the uniform to you this week.
** When you registered the girls for cheer you did provide sock sizes. We do need sizes for their cheer/kick pants that go under the uniform so that we can place that order immediately. If you could provide a brief/biker shorts/leggings size as soon as possible that will allow us to order these all at once.
4. Additional items that need to be purchased by you – all white athletic shoes to wear on game days with their uniforms. And as cold weather approaches, a white turtle neck to go underneath the uniform. Under Armour makes a good breathable one.
5. Meghan, our new head coach for the younger girls, has arranged for Tara from Julie Roberts studio to teach a tumbling class on Friday, September 17. Tara is requesting a 20 girl minimum to run the class and $10 per hour per child. We could also have Tara instruct for two hours to make the most of her time and the kids to get more out of it. Please let us know ASAP if you want your daughter to attend so we can secure that time.
6. We are asking that the girls start bringing a yoga mat or beach towel for warm up and cool down routines at practice.
7. Joe Corbi’s pizza fundraiser catalogs were distributed to parents last Tuesday. If you didn’t get one - we have extras. You can also visit www.joecorbi.com and click on PARTICIPANT REGISTRATION (top of page) and click REGISTER NOW. Use organization # 20097
The President of Dunkirk Warriors is working on extending the due date from September 7 for online ordering since the deadline was so short from when the fundraiser information was passed out. Most likely it will get pushed back one week to September 14. This fundraiser is being used by teams throughout the organization and helps with keeping registration costs low, entry fees for competition, trophies, insurance and fees charged by Calvert County. So please participate in this fundraiser. We appreciate the help!!
The cheer team will also be working on other ways to raise money later on.
8. Now that we have access, communication going forward will be through the Dunkirk Warriors website. You will receive a text, email & broadcast on the Dunkirk Warrior team page when we are relaying information to you. That way nothing gets missed on the “Band” app that was originally created for communication. Please read those communications so you are in the loop.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Meghan (443-581-8534), Jessica (734-846-7414) or Laura (301-351-1297).
9. We will continue to post videos to the cheers on the BAND app for parents that may want to have that for the girls to use to practice. However, going forward, any coaches will be communicating thru the Dunkirk Warrior website.
10. With COVID restrictions and limited availability in buildings, we are working on securing a place for when the time changes and it would be too dark to hold practice at Mount Harmony Elementary school due to lack of lighting. Dunkirk Park is an option but practice could not begin there before September 15.
11. The President of Dunkirk Warriors has been vigorously working with All Pro Sports for Warrior apparel. Please visit this website if you are interested in purchasing official Dunkirk Warrior apparel for you or your child. https://dunkirkwarriorsfootball21.itemorder.com
12. For any parents that have questions or concerns or would like to talk to Meghan or one of the coaches, one of us will be at the field early before each practice.
Looking forward to a great season and that each of your daughters has an amazing time cheering for the Dunkirk Warriors!