The Lady Warriors
Girls Lacrosse Program
Lacrosse is one of the fastest growing sports in the country. The Dunkirk Warriors Girls Lacrosse program is dedicated to
teaching the game of lacrosse to girls from kindergarten through eighth grade and promoting teamwork and sportsmanship to
all involved. We promise that you will have lots of fun while also learning the techniques and strategies that make lacrosse
such an exhilarating sport!
We participate in the Anne Arundel County Recreation and Parks Lacrosse league which is comprised of teams from the “hot-bed”
of lacrosse in Maryland. The league is highly competitive and well organized.
All Dunkirk Warriors Lacrosse programs are open to players of any skill level, including beginners.
If there are questions, please e-mail: DunkirkLadyWarriors@gmail.com
"Like us" on Facebook at: Dunkirk Warriors Boys and Girls Club
***IMPORTANT*** - There will be a uniform fitting at Fairview Library for all new uniform orders. Date/Time TBD. I highly encourage you to attend a fitting as the uniform tends to run small. Uniforms are personalized with your last name so there are no exchanges.
All pro Sizing chart
All players in uniform shall play a minimum of 50% of each game. Exceptions made when squad is so large to make this mathematically impossible or in cases of injury or disciplinary action.
STICKLETTES: Grades Pre-K - 2
The Sticklettes program is focused on fun and instruction. Teams play a 6 vs. 6 format on a half sized field with no goalie and no checking.
Pass rule applies. Games are officiated by coaches.
Outdoor practices begin middle to end of March. Practices will be scheduled between Dunkirk Park and Talbot Field in Lothian, MD. Teams practice once - twice per week for approximately 1 hour until games begin in April then teams practice once per week. Practice days and times are determined by the coaches. Experienced 2nd grade players may register at the Pee Wee level.
All PEE WEE, MIDDIE, and JUNIOR games are refereed by league officials. Practices will begin between February 25 and March 1, weather dependent. A free clinic will be offered at Talbot Field in March for ages Pee Wee – Junior. Tentative dates are March 6th or 7th and/or March 13th or 14th from 11am - 1:30pm at Talbot Fields in Lothian, MD. All games will begin in the middle of March and conclude by Memorial Day.
PEE WEE: Grades 3 - 4
The Pee Wee program continues to emphasize basic skills and instruction while introducing some basic plays.
Teams play an 8 vs. 8 format on a half sized field with a goalie; modified checking Minimum pass rule applies. Most games are played on small sided grass fields.
MIDDIE: Grades 5 – 6
The Middie program continues to emphasize fundamentals and introduces more plays and strategy.
The Middie program includes an end of season single elimination playoff for top seaded teams. Most games are played on full size turf fields.
JUNIOR: Grades 7 - 8
The Junior program introduces more advanced techniques are introduced while continuing to work on skills, key plays and strategies.
The Junior program includes an end of season single elimination playoff for top seeded teams. Most games are played on full size turf fields.
All girls require the following personal equipment:
- Women’s LAX regulation lacrosse stick. Very expensive sticks are designed for powerful, experienced players. If your daughter is K-8, it is not necessary to buy a top-of-the-line stick. By the time they grow into the capability of that stick, there will be better technology out there! A stick in the range of $50 is sufficient for the beginner to intermediate player.
- US LACROSSE approved protective Goggles
- Colored mouth guard (no white or clear allowed)
- No jewelry
2021 Sport Fees and Related Expenses -
Pee Wee: $135.00
(late fee of $25 applies to all levels starting February 1st.
The levels may fill completely before the end of the registration period, and therefore close early. So don't miss out, register now!
Uniform (all levels):
Game Jersey: $45.00 (new)
Game Short: $35.00
Optional is a practice penny: $15.00
2021 Season Coaches
Pee Wee : TBD
- Sticklettes can choose to play up if they are in 2nd grade
- Players can only play on one team
- Players playing on High School scholastic lacrosse team at any level cannot play in County Leagues
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT GIRLS LACROSSE:
Where can I buy my equipment?
- Lax Unlimited(Annapolis)
- Olympia Sports (Dunkirk)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Sports Authority
What days do we practice?
- Pee Wee, Middie & Junior Teams generally practice two-three days a week.
- Sticklettes practice twice a week until games start then once a week.
- Coaches will determine what days you will practice.
When do practices begin?
- For Pee Wee, Middie, and Junior teams practices will start between February 15 – March 1, weather dependent.
- A free clinic will be offered in March, dates TBD, ages Pee Wee, Middie & Junior.
- For Sticklettes,outdoor practices start the middle/late April.
- Sticklette Indoor practices (CSA Fieldhouse in Prince Frederick) March 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th from 6-7pm
When do games begin?
- For Pee Wee, Middie, and Junior teams, games start the middle of March.
- The county typically posts game schedules the week prior to games beginning.
- For Sticklette teams, games start in April.
If you have questions, please e-mail us at: DunkirkLadyWarriors@gmail.com