Dunkirk Warriors Cheerleading
The season consists of a 10 week regular season, a postseason and a county cheerleading competition, in which all area clubs participate.
Practice for the 2019 season will begin on August 20th, 2019. You will be contacted by your coach as to times and location prior to this date.
Cheer practices will be 2-3 days a week for 1-2 hours, depending on your team. Flag Cheer practices will be 2 days a week for 1 hour.
Dunkirk Warriors is a 100% volunteer organization and we are always looking for coaches, assistant coaches, and team moms. If you are interested in volunteering for the 2019 season, please complete the CCPR background check (all) and Dunkirk Warriors Coaching application (prospective coaches only). *All coaches are required by Calvert County Parks and Recreation to be certified. Each Dunkirk Warriors coach will need to be certified in order to coach in the Calvert County Youth Cheerleading league. Please visit www.nays.org for information about certification.
If you have any questions or need further information about volunteering or coaching cheer, contact Jacqueline Montague at
The purpose of the Dunkirk Warriors youth cheerleading program is to provide an opportunity for youth to cheer within a prescribed age limit and to learn the fundamentals of cheerleading while having fun and supporting our youth football teams. The goal is to instill the will to win and the courage to accept defeat or disappointment with and emphasis on fair play and good sportsmanship.
2019 Cheerleading Fees/Information
(Includes one pair of socks, kick pants and a hair bow)
To reduce the cost to our participants, Dunkirk Warrior Cheer uniforms were purchased by the Dunkirk Warriors Boys and Girls Club and are the property of the Cheer program.
Uniforms will be distributed to each athlete by his or her coach at the beginning of the season and returned to their respective coach at the end of the season.
Athletes are responsible for the care of his or her uniform. Athletes and or their guardian(s) are expected to properly wash/care for the uniform. Alterations are not to be made.
In the event an athlete loses or damages an issued uniform, the registering adult will cover the cost of replacement.
Additonal Required Game items:
- Cold Weather Gear- Each cheerleader must have a plain, white long-sleeved athletic shirt and a pair of basic, plain black leggings to be worn under his or her uniform during cold weather.
These should be free of logos, patterns, or accents, to include hoods or collars, and bows or side ties.
- Shoes- ALL-WHITE cheer shoes appropriate for track/field sideline cheer.
Shoes are to have no color accents or color logos.
- Water bottle- Athletes are required to bring a clean and water-filled water bottle to each and every cheer event for their own health and safety.
Cheerleaders are to wear an athletic shirt, pair of practice shorts, socks, and cheer shoes.
Dunkirk Warrior Football & Cheer Spirit apparel are sold at concession or on our Dunkirk Warriors Sassy Shop as an optional purchase for athletes and parents.
2019 Calvert County Cheerleading Competiton:
Date: Sunday, November 10th 2019
Location: Huntingtown High School Gymnasium Time: 9 AM
- Team Registration cost is $10 per athlete (included in registration) for team competition.
- Indivdual skills competitions are available in the event at cost to the athlete. (Contact your athlete's coach with your interest prior to event registration)
- Spectators pay for entrance into the event. $5 per session/ $10 all day wristbands. Available at the entrance ticket sales booth.
- Consessions are available on site.
- Buy a shout out for your cheerleader to be announced during the program, $1 per shout out. Paid for and written at the shout out table in the event.
- Various vendors available on site.
- Additional details to be announced during the season.
If you have any questions regarding our cheerleading program, contact the Dunkirk Cheer Commissioner at DWCheerleading@gmail.com
We are looking forward to a safe, successful, and spirited season!
GO WARRIORS !!!